GeoTrust® Web Site Anti-Malware Scan
Never let your site get hacked again, protect you and your customers. You can now add some trust and protect your customer's online interests with a cost-effective daily anti-malware scan.
GeoTrust Web Site Anti Malware Scan helps you identify malware strains that could affect your site and also assures your customers that your site is safe and has been scanned for malware by displaying an anti-malware seal from GeoTrust, which we all know is one of the most popular SSL and web security brands on the planet.
With This Affordable & Effective Solution, You Get:
- A daily scan of your site for malware
- An expert analysis of your site for any known malicious code and additional monitoring of any malicious activity
- Provides easy clean-up instructions if your site is infected
- Instant alerts when malicious code is found, for fast removal
- On-demand scanning capabilities, to confirm a clean site instantly
- Avoid potential blacklisting by browsers & search engines
- Display the GeoTrust trust mark, which is the #1 brand of SSL for the top 1 million most visited domains on the web
What is malware?
- Malware is a general term for malicious software and is a growing problem on the Internet.
- Hackers install malware without your consent by exploiting security weaknesses on your server and gaining access to your web site.
- The malware code is not visible or easily detected, and may infect your customers' computers when they simply browse your web site.
- Hackers use it to spread viruses, hijack your computer or steal sensitive data such as credit card numbers or other personal information.
Key Features of GeoTrust Web Site Anti Malware Scan
- Protect customers' web site
- Assure customers that your site has been scanned
- Find out fast if they get hacked
- Avoid getting blacklisted by search engines
- Get daily anti-malware scans for up to 50 pages
- Non-invasive daily scan
- Immediate email alerts when malware is found
- Simple Workflow
- Minimal contact data is collected
- No Vetting required enables immediate activation
- Order contacts are notified first scan will be run within twenty four hours
- Site Seal included.
How do I know if my web site is free of malware?
Malware is rarely visible on your web site; it is hidden in your web page code. A malware scan by a malware detection tool can help you identify infected code. The GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Scan includes a daily malware scan. If malware is detected, you will be notified and directed to a list of infected pages and the code causing the problem. Your web site administrator can find and delete all instances of the code and request that your site be rescanned within 24 hours.
Could web site malware scanning slow down my web site?
No. Web site malware scanning is equivalent to having 10 visitors navigate your web site.
How can I protect my site from malware?
Like most thieves, malware hackers look for easy targets such as a web site where malware will go undetected for as long as possible. The GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Scan includes a daily malware scan to detect malware and alert you with detailed information to respond quickly to the attack. Posting the GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Seal on your web site is like posting an alarm security sign in your front window. It shows hackers that your site is scanned daily to detect malware.
What happens if malware is detected on my web site?
If malware is discovered, the GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Seal no longer displays. You receive an email alert warning you of the malware infection with instructions to sign in to the End User Portal. The End User Portal services tab shows a list of infected pages and the code causing the problem. You or your web site administrator can find and delete all instances of the malware and request that your site be rescanned within 24 hours. When the scan confirms that all instances of malware are removed, the seal displays again.
What does the GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Seal mean to my customers?
As consumers become more concerned about identity theft, they look for signs that a site is safe before doing business. By posting the GeoTrust Web Site Anti Malware Seal, you show customers that you care about their safety and that your site has passed the GeoTrust Web Site Anti Malware Scan within the past 24 hours.