Thawte Code signing certificate is ideal for any software publisher who plans to distribute code or content over the Internet or throughout corporate extranets and needs to assure the integrity and authorship of that code. Thawte Code Signing Certificate protects your customer, your brand, and your intellectual property by making your applications identifiable and harder to falsify or damage. Certificates support Microsoft Authenticode®, JavaSoft™, Adobe® AIR™, VBA and Office, and Apple®.
Key Features of Thawte Code Signing Certificate
- Uses a single certificate for most platforms and applications - this is unique to Thawte
- Allows you to sign active content such as ActiveX, Macros, MIDlet (J2ME) and Java™ Applets for secure electronic distribution over the Internet. This authenticated digital signature effectively verifies the source of your software before it is downloaded.
- Ensures that your active content or code cannot be maliciously modified without being detected
- Unlimited signing with a valid code signing certificate
- One-to-two-year validity and easy renewal
- Available 24/5 phone, email and chat support
Major Benefits of Thawte Code Signing Certificate
- Inspire user confidence and protect your brand
- Eliminate disruptive security alerts and reduce support inquiries
- Meet requirements for more platforms than any other code signing provider
- Increase adoption of downloadable software and online sales
- Thawte's world-class certification procedures
Thawte Code Signing Certificate Compatibility
- Firefox 1+, 2+, 3+
- IE 5+, 6+, 7+, 8+
- Chrome 3+
- Netscape 4+
- Opera 7+
- AOL 5+
Server and Client OS
- Control Panels: Ensim, DotNet Panel, Plesk6+, Hsphere, Helm, and more.
- Web Servers: Apache, Microsoft IIS 7, IIS6, IBM HTTP, Tomcat, Weblogic, Cobalt.
- E-Mail Servers: Lotus Dominos, Exchange 2010, 2007, 2003, SmarterMail, etc.
- Client OS: Mac OS X, Snow Leapord, Windows 7, Vista, Xp, 2000, Linux Client OS.
- Server OS: Linux, Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000, UNIX, Solaris, Novell, etc.
- Proxy Server, Routers & Firewalls: Microsoft ISA 2004, ISA 2006, CISCO, etc.
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Netfront 3.0+
Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft® Authenticode®
- Platform includes digitally signed 32- and 64-bit user-mode files such as .exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi and .xap files.
- Authorizes digitally signed code for Microsoft® Office 2000, Microsoft VBA, Netscape Object Signing, and Marimba Channel Signing.
Thawte Code Signing Certificates for Java®
- Platform includes digitally signed .jar files and Java applications for the desktop and the latest mobile devices.
- 100% Authorized and Recognized by Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Code Signing Certificates for Microsoft® Office and VBA
- Platform Includes digitally signed Microsoft Office .doc, .xls, and .ppt files, which includes VBA objects, scripts and macros.
- Authorized for third-party applications using VBA and for Microsoft Office.
Thawte Code Signing Certificates for Apple Mac
- Platform includes digitally signed Apple desktop applications for multiple device platforms such as iphone, iPod, and iPad Applications.
Availability to Thawte Code Signing Certificate Support