DigiCert S/MIME Certificate
Take your security to the next level—protect your emails from cyber threats with the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate
Digitally sign and encrypt your emails with the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate to protect your email communications from a laundry list of threats.
Think of how many emails you send a day. Now think of how many emails your coworkers send a day. How about a year? How many of those emails have information in them that can be used against you, your clients, or your customers? Scary, right?
That is why the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate is one of the most valuable cybersecurity tools you can use. How does it offer so much security? It offers something we like to call "dual protection"—the combination of end-to-end encryption and digital signatures.
How a DigiCert S/MIME Certificate’s Dual Protection Works
- The Digital Signature – The digital signature acts as a digital identification card that only you possess. When you use the certificate to digitally sign your emails that will ensure that the recipient knows that the email came from you, as only you have the ability to use that digital signature.
- The End-to-End Encryption – Well, what happens if a hacker steals your email while in transit? We’ve got that covered too. When you use the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate, your emails will be encrypted. This means that a hacker won’t be able to decipher the email, ensuring that a hacker can’t get the contents of your email.
That is how S/MIME’s dual protection works to give you a high-level, premium security solution.
Avoid These Threats
The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate is a tool all businesses need in their security toolbelt to combat the wide variety cyber threats out there that pose a problem for companies of all shapes and sizes. These are just some of the threats you face without a S/MIME certificate:
- Harm to your brand name by being labeled as unsecure or unsafe
- Theft of sensitive information, such as financial information, customer or employee data, intellectual property and so on
- Man-in-the-middle attacks
- Spoofed phishing emails
- Accidental data exposure
The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate is a highly versatile security solution and can also be used for:
- Document Signing. Digitally sign documents so the recipient knows the document came from you and has not been tampered with. Support by the entire Microsoft Office Suite. Note: If you’re looking for a certificate that’s Adobe-supported, we recommend the DigiCert Document Signing Certificate.
- Client Authentication. Use the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate to only allow employees with an authorized client certificate to have access to your servers/network. This is a more secure way to protect your network than password-based authentication.