A step-by-step guide for SSL Certificate Installation for Novell Console One Server
If you want to install the certificate on Novell Console One server, then you have come to the right place. Follow the instructions given in the document below and you will be fine. In case of any errors or failures to implement any of the instructions given below, we suggest you contact the vendor or the Novell supporting organization.
Step 1: Downloading the Certificate
- The certificate must be in the PKCS#7 format for installation on Novel Console One.
NOTE: The Intermediate CA Certificate and the Server Certificate are included in the file having the PKCS#7 format.
- Follow the link to download the certificate in the required format.
- Copy the certificate contents and paste it into a text editor such as Vi or Notepad.
The text file should appear like this:
- There must be 5 dashes to either side of BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE.
And make sure that there are no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters added.
- Save the file. The extension of the saved file has to be .p7b or .txt
Step 2: Installing the Certificate
- Go to the private key option in Console One.
- Select the Public Key Certificate tab.
- Click Import.
- Select “No Trusted Root Certificate available“, and after that click Next.
- Now you have to Import the Server Certificate that you downloaded in the 1st step.
- Validate whether your certificate has been installed or not using SSL Installation Checker